Classic Christianity – Book of John p2 (10-15-18)
Bob George continues his teaching from the book of John on the complete forgiveness and the love of God through Jesus Christ. Bob George shares to help the listener come to understand doctrine, particularly the concept of the trinity, as revealed through the book of John. He also shares from supporting scriptures to encourage the listener to internalize truths concerning Christ and yourself. His hope, and the hope of those in Christ, is for the listener to understand personally the forgiveness of sin and the receiving of new life in Christ. You can walk in that new life today. Bob emphasized again that truth is revealed to men through His word. There is no other way to understand the meaning of God’s word except by the Spirit of God.
Bob addresses such topics as knowing what the word of God means (doctrine), where the doctrine of the Trinity comes from, what does the Spirit look like, what do you believe and why do you believe it, the role of the Holy Spirit in teaching you the meaning of His word, the application of doctrine to your life, the conflict of the flesh and the Spirit, choices as a child of God, who can become a child of God, law and grace before Moses, law and punishment, atonement in contrast to the taking away of sin, who goes to hell and for what sin, judging others instead of seeing yourself in the light of Christ, unmet expectation of others, blindness of all men, darkness and light, cause of death and receiving of new life, the need of the cross, the forgiveness of sin, and the foundation of God’s love for you.
Here are many of the questions Bob shared to test one’s understanding of doctrine.
- Who is the Word?
- Who was in the beginning?
- Who is the “our” in the passage: “Let us make God in our image?”
- Was scripture profitable for doctrine? How?
- Did those leaders in the time of John understand what the word said?
- What does the Spirit look like?
- What does wind look like?
- Where did doctrine of Trinity come from?
- What is the doctrine of Trinity?
- Are there people who do not believe the doctrine of Trinity? Why?
- What do you believe and why do you believe it? Because a Baptist or Presbyterian minister told you?
- Did God mean what he said and said what he meant?
- Do you allow the Holy Spirit to teach you the meaning of His word?
- Do you let the Holy Spirit lead you to apply spiritual truths to your life about God and yourself?
- As a child of God, can you participate in the fleshly nature? in the spiritual nature?
- Was there law before Moses? Can you cite an example?
- Was there grace before Moses? Can you cite an example?
- Are you in the world?
- Do you judge others and ignore your own sin?
- What do you expect out of others? Perfection?
- Do you want His resurrected life?
- Do you see your need of the cross?
- Is this statement true: “We are all God’s children”. Why or why not?
- Is this statement true: “All are born in image of God.” Why or why not?
Bob George guides the listener through the scriptures to understand the doctrine of the Trinity from the book of John. From that revelation of the Trinity, Bob also shares from other scriptures to guide the listener to understand God’s forgiveness of sin and come to receive new life in Christ. He shared truth as revealed to Him by the Spirit of God from these supporting scriptures. I encourage the listener to meditate on these scriptures and ask God to reveal truth to you through the Holy Spirit.
Word of God for doctrine 2 Timothy 3:16
Trinity John 1
Lying to the Holy Spirit Acts 5:3
Who raised Jesus from the dead? John 2:19, 1 Corinthians 6:14, Galatians 1:1, Romans 8:11
What does the Spirit look like? John 4:23-24, John 3:6-8
(compared to wind)
Truth revealed by Spirit of God 1 Corinthians 2:11-12, Luke 10:22
Natural Man vs Spirit Man 1 Corinthians 2:14
New Birth John 1:13, 3:3
Indwelling of Spirit in those who believe 1 Corinthians 3:16
Mind of Christ 1 Corinthians 2:16
Divine nature Romans 1:20, 2 Peter 1:4
New life prepared 1 Corinthians 2:9
Choice to participate in flesh or Spirit Galatians 5:16, Ephesians 2:3
Conflict between flesh and Spirit Galatians 5:16-18
Law before Moses (garden of Eden) Genesis 2:16-17
Grace before Moses (not the fig leaves) Genesis 3:21
Law of Moses; Grace through Christ John 1:17
Atonement vs Taking away Sin John 1:29, Hebrews 10:3-5, 11-14
Sin of Unbelief – who goes to hell John 16:9-11
John the Baptist – Witness to light John 1:20-23, Isaiah 40:3
God’s Love John 3:16
Darkness and Light John 1:5, 2 Corinthians 4:6
Who is Child of God? John 1:12-13
Are all men after Adam in image of God? Genesis 5:1-3
Judging; Proper Judgment 1 Corinthians 4:2-4; 2 Corinthians 7:10, Matthew 7:1-3
Walk in Light as Children of God Ephesians 5:8
So, do you base doctrine on what Bob shares, or your preacher of whatever denomination tells you, or do you let the Holy Spirit teach you through His word?
Can you affirm through the word and the Holy Spirit, that what Bob shares is true?
Purchase the 10/15/2018 Classic Christianity Radio program today:
After purchasing, there will be a download link emailed to you. Follow the instructions.